What are cookies?
Cookies and other similar technologies, such as local shared objects, flash cookies and pixels, are tools used by web servers to store and retrieve information about website visitors, as well as to ensure the correct functioning of the website. These devices allow the web server to remember certain information about the user, such as their page viewing preferences, name and password, products that interest them most, etc.
Cookies affected by and exempt from regulations
Under EU legislation, the cookies that require the user’s informed consent are analytical cookies and advertising and affiliate cookies, while technical cookies and those necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services expressly requested by the user are exempt.
What types of cookies are there?
There are five main groups of cookies:
- Analytical cookies: they collect information on how the website is used.
- Social cookies: they are required for external social networks.
- Affiliate cookies: these make it possible to track visits from other websites, with which the website has an affiliate agreement (affiliate companies).
- Advertising and behavioural cookies: they collect information about the user’s personal preferences and choices (retargeting).
- Technical and functional cookies: they are strictly necessary for the use of the website and for the provision of the contracted service.
What cookies do we use?
- _ga: Third-party and analysis cookie to record user identification. Expiration 2 years.
- _gat: Third-party cookie, and analysis cookie, to analyze browsing behavior. Expiration 10 minutes.
- moove_gdpr_popup: own and session cookie used to save cookie preferences. Expiration: 1 year.